Dust, Gas and Climate Hazards Laboratory
Our Laboratory is a specialist research facility which makes chromatographic analyses of gases (with the use of the method accredited by PCA), degasification of samples of rock cores and designation of the content of crystalline silica in industrial dusts. Professionalism of our team and extended research infrastructure have guaranteed the highest quality of rendered services for dozens of years.
Since 2000 we have held TÜV certificate in the scope of research, research, design and engineering work, technical and economic analyses which meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 norm. In 2001 we implemented the environmental management system in accordance with PN-EN ISO 14001.
We conduct our research on the basis of the following methods:
- The content of air in underground mining excavations and at the workplaces in industrial plants made as regards the amount of hazardous gases and damaging to one’s health is verified with the use of gas chromatograph. This research enables a very precise quantitative analysis of gases – about 1ppm (0.0001%). As far as the designation of methane, ethane, propane, butane, pentane, hydrogen, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide, nitrogen and oxygen. Laboratory has accreditation no. AB 724 of Polish Accreditation Centre.
- Specification of concentration of hazardous gases (including methane, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, nitric oxide and carbon oxide) in underground mining areas and in workplaces, in industrial plants is made by way of direct reading method with the use of portable gas detectors.
- The content of CH4, C2H6, C3H8, C4H10, C5H12, O2, N2, H2, CO, CO2 in rocks and wet scrubber is verified with the use of degasification method and gas chromatography.
- Quantitative specification of free crystalline silica (SiO2) in respirable dust in mining excavations and on workplaces in industrial plants is made with the use of infrared FT-IR spectrometry.
- Tests of ambient conditions on workplaces are made with the use of direct measurement method of microclimate parameters.
- The energy expenditure of employees during a shift is checked with the use of sensors of physiological condition of the employee.
We hold the following equipment:
- spectrometer FT-IR Avatar,
- gas chromatograph with a flame ionization detector,
- gas chromatograph with thermal conductivity detector,
- apparatus for degasification of rock cores, water and wet scrubber,
- multi-gas meter MX6 (CH4, CO, CO2, NO2, SO2, H2S),
- multi-gas meter MX4 (CH4, SO2, H2S, O2),
- anemometers Lambrecht, aspiration psychrometres Assmana,
- digital pressure meter,
- aspirators (individual dust meters) CIP-10 and SKC,
- analytical scale AG-135 Mettler-Toledo (0.1 mg / 0.01 mg),
- chromatograph Agilent 7890A (FID+TCD).